Members of the region’s biggest business organisation have completed a clean sweep in a prestigious awards scheme.
Of the nine categories in this year’s regional British Chambers of Commerce Business Awards, all have been won by members of the Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire Chamber of Commerce.
Having won these awards, the regional finalists will now go forward to represent the East Midlands region in the national finals, which take place inLondonin November.
The national Chamber Awards, now in their 11th year, are a highlight of the business calendar, showcasing the pivotal role local businesses play in theUK’s continuing growth story.
The winning Chamber members are:
- Small Business of the Year – Purpose Media,South Normanton, Derbyshire (also a Chamber Patron)
- Manufacturer of the Year –GuilfordEurope, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Best Use of Technology to Improve Business Performance – Mitchells Chartered Accountants & Business Advisers,Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Young Person in Business Award – Mark Thurman, Casa Hotel,Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Achievement in International Business – Northern Lights,Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- The Sustainability Award – SASIE,Nottingham
- Commitment to People Development –North Midlands Construction, Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Todd McQuilkin, Air-IT,Nottingham
- Excellence in Innovation – The Greenbank Group, Woodville, Derbyshire
Chamber Chief Executive George Cowcher said: “Congratulations to all of the winners from Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire, who will go on to represent the Chamber – and the region – at the BCC’s national awards in November. It’s fantastic to see members of this Chamber achieve a clean sweep of awards for the whole region.
“The fact that all of the regional winners come from two of our three counties really demonstrates the strength of the business community here and reflects the role key role these businesses play in helping drive the UK’s economy forward.”
BCC President Nora Senior said: “These businesses play a crucial role in creating a balanced and prosperous economy and one that is admired on the global stage.
“They are hungry for growth, constantly seeking new opportunities in local and global economies, creating new products for market, and sharing best practice with their peers.
“The Chamber Awards are the perfect platform to showcase and celebrate the amazing work of firms across the country.”