D2N2 – the Local Enterprise Partnership for Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire – will launch its Skills for Growth strategy next week.
Chief Executive David Ralph has been invited to speak at a special ‘skills-themed’ breakfast event hosted by Destination Chesterfield on Wednesday October 30 at Chesterfield College’s Heartspace building on Infirmary Road from 7.30am to 9.30am.
And he will use the platform to outline the initial plans of D2N2 when it comes to skills – one of its four strategic priorities.
The plan will outline six key priorities. They are:
- Develop sector growth agreements to make explicit ownership and shared responsibilities for investment, ICT, labour market intelligence and impact measures.
- Improve business leadership, management skills and training needs analysis to help increase productivity and performance.
- Promote and develop apprenticeships and traineeships to achieve higher level skills and improve social mobility.
- Foster enterprise and the characteristics of entrepreneurial behaviour, career adaptability and resilience.
- Raise the visibility of and access to career insights and specialist careers support for young people and adults to raise aspirations, participation, retention and achievement in learning and work.
- Promote graduate recruitment and facilitate graduate retention in the region.
For more details about the free breakfast event being staged by Destination Chesterfield, click here
The full Skills Plan will be available to download from www.d2n2lep.org/skills on the day of the launch.