Export Week – Grow Your Business – 7-11 April, 2014
Registration is now open for a week of events which aim to encourage the region’s businesses to explore overseas markets.
UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) East Midlands is hosting special events across the region as part of Export Week, from 7-11 April, to encourage businesses to consider how they can boost their profits and reach new customers around the world, with help from UKTI.
UKTI regional director Ian Harrison said: “As the latest statistics show, our push to increase exports from the region is working: They rose by £1.53bn between 2012 and 2013 – and achieved the second highest growth rate in the country.
“There is an unbelievable appetite for British products and services overseas and there has never been a more opportune time to take advantage of these commercial prospects.
“Our role at UKTI is to make sure companies continue to export and are armed with the best market research and contacts to help them target the markets that will get them maximum return.
“During Export Week we want to get the message across to as many companies as possible to help them stay competitive and improve profits through exporting. We also want to show firms who’ve not exported before, how they too can access new markets overseas.”
- Monday 7 April, Routes to Growth, Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport. Hosted by UKTI, Nottinghamshire County Council, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Chamber of Commerce (DNCC) and East Midlands Airport. Hear from inspirational business leaders who explain how their businesses have grown from humble beginnings to become successes around the world.
- Tuesday 8 April, The Magnificent Seven –Mickleover Court Hotel, Derby. Run by UKTI and Santander, an event focusing on the diverse and vibrant markets of Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela and Argentina, which will provide an insight into doing business in Latin America.
- Tuesday 8 April, UKTI Masterclass: Export pricing, University of Derby, Derby: Understand and exploit different export pricing strategies at this Export Week event.
- Wednesday 9 April: The re-emergence of the Emerald Isle: The Nottingham Gateway Hotel, Nottingham. Breakfast briefing to help businesses tap into the fourth largest destination for goods from the East Midlands.
- Wednesday 9 April, Sizzling Southeast Asia: Unlock your Business Potential in ASEAN. The King Power Stadium, Leicester. Delivered in partnership with UK ASEAN Business Council (UKABC) and Leicester City Football Club this event gives you the opportunity to meet Senior UKTI diplomats with on-the-ground knowledge of Southeast Asia.
- Thursday 10 April, Africa Today – A Continent of New Opportunity, The King Power Stadium, Leicester. Held in partnership with Barclays Bank, the event aims to help businesses take advantage of growing prospects in Africa.
- Friday 11 April, ME: 14 – Yew Lodge Hotel, Kegworth. An opportunity to explore the high growth and emerging markets of the Middle East and North Africa featuring speakers from the Middle East Association and His Highness Shaikh Mohammed Bin Maktoum Bin Rashed Bin Maktoum, First Secretary and Head of Economic Department, UAE Embassy in London
For further information and bookings visit www.exportweek.ukti.gov.uk
To find out if UKTI can help your business expand overseas call 0845 052 4001.
Follow UKTI East Midlands on Twitter @ukti_emids and take part in the conversation using #exportweek