Free Webinar: Getting started with e-Commerce
18th September 2020
This webinar is hosted by the D2N2 Growth Hub, East Midlands Chamber and part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Getting Started with e-Commerce: Learn how to select the best platform for your business and set it up for successful selling.
The allure of selling online is compelling. Build a site, add your products then sit back earn money whilst you’re in bed. The reality is somewhat different, eCommerce can be very rewarding, but it isn’t as easy some would have you believe. However, by making informed choices and with confident execution you too can launch a successful ecommerce business.
When it comes to eCommerce the choices and challenges are wide ranging and it can feel rather intimidating. There is a lot to consider however this ‘getting started’ webinar cuts through the noise giving clear guidance on how to make the right choices before you even start. You will be taken on a journey through the steps you should take from the start at the ideas stage, to right to the end when you launch.
The webinar will cover:
- What is eCommerce – overview of eCommerce, its origins, options for selling online and how to integrate eCommerce into an existing business.
- Should I be selling online? –an honest look at your business model and do the numbers stack up. eCommerce isn’t guaranteed to work so how can you test the market before investing heavily in eCommerce?
- eCommerce goals – what do we want to achieve with our eCommerce website and how do we plan to get there?
- Anatomy of an eCommerce website – what are the component parts of an eCommerce website, how do they interact and how can we make good decisions about how to build an eCommerce website that delivers on our goals.
- Customer acquisition – how will you drive traffic to your sites? What audience do you already have, how will you build on that and will you need to pay for traffic?
- Design and User Experience (UX) for ecommerce product pages – Discuss user personas, user journeys and look into the utility, usability and performance of ecommerce product pages.
- Build options and Technical considerations – Self-build, agency or platform/ marketplace…what are the options, costs and timescales involved with each approach and ultimately which is the right choice for your business. Also what are some of the technical things we need to consider i.e. domain names, hosting and fulfilment partners.
- Costs – Understand potential setup costs and how different payment providers calculate the ongoing and/or transaction costs.
- Looking after your site once it’s live– Your website is never finished, in fact, it’s an ever-changing set of experiments. Learn how to keep a check on your website and optimise it over time.
You will leave this webinar with a clear understanding of how to plan and approach getting started with eCommerce. Armed with clear actions you will be ready to start selling online in ways that meet your business goals and service customers’ needs.
Who should attend?
This webinar is aimed at any organisation looking to either redevelop or develop a new eCommerce experience. There are no technical skills required, or even a decision on which tools and platforms you are going to adopt. This webinar will take you on a journey from the planning stages to launching an eCommerce site in easy to digest steps. This webinar is aimed at SME businesses.
Please note that preference will be given to businesses based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire for this webinar.
- 2.00pm – 2.45pm – Webinar presentation
- 2.45pm – 3.00pm – Break
- 3.00pm – 3.45pm – Webinar presentation
- 3.45pm – 4.00pm – Q&A
18 Sep 2020