NEP ENERGY SERVICES – Setting the standard for the environment in Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire
What’s the deal?
NEP Energy Services and Nottingham Trent University’s Business School are offering FREE support for small and medium businesses in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire to help them implement environmental management, to reduce their energy and natural resource costs and carbon emissions while promoting their green credentials.
You will receive:
• An energy audit of your site• Calculation of your carbon footprint• Support to attain recognised environmental management standard
The recognised environmental management standard is called Investors in the Environment (iiE); it is a national environmental accreditation scheme with over 250 members. Since launching in 2010, the iiE network has hosted over 30 separate business events attended by more than 700 companies. iiE also hosts an online Green Directory, which currently promotes in excess of 1800 organisations across the East Midlands, and the UK.
For more information please visit:www.iie.uk.com/nottinghamshire-and-derbyshire
How will the programme work?
- Each business will be allocated a team of students from the Business School.
- Students will be trained in Environmental Management, with support
- from the NEPes and course tutors.
- Students will contact their assigned business to arrange a site visit and to obtain energy and resource use data. During the visit, students and businesses will sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Students will work with the environmental consultant and course tutors to produce an Investors in the Environment evidence pack, containing an energy and carbon management plan.
- Students will present and discuss the iiE evidence pack with their assigned businesses in a one hour session, to take place at Nottingham Trent University.
- Businesses will be offered additional support from NEPes to insure that the iiE evidence pack is finished and fit for purpose, so they are ready to apply for official iiE accreditation.
- Following the student support, businesses will be offered the opportunity to use their evidence pack to gain formal accreditation to the iiE standard and join the local iiE network.
How much will it cost?
The services on the previous page are free. Following the programmebusinesses can purchase the iiE accreditation at a reduced rate of only£100, if they qualify for Future Factory funding and as little as £300 ifthey do not qualify; this will cover an independent external audit, oneyear’s membership of the iiE environmental management network,marketing opportunities, events and workshops.Join the programme today
To join the programme please email Estelle.email@example.comFor further information please call either Jerome Baddley or Estelle Nma on 0115 985 3005.