The Energy Technologies Building is an award-winning energy efficient building situated on the University of Nottingham’s Jubilee Campus.
On Thursday 26th June 2014, the doors of this building will be opened the general public to visit the state-of-the-art facilities, which support the University’s Energy research. In the Exhibition Hall, there will be the opportunity to meet a variety of local Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) working in sustainable energy technologies in the East Midlands. Whilst in the large Prototyping Hall, there will be a range of demonstrations of cutting-edge sustainable energy technologies to be discovered, such as the demonstration of a Mitsubishi electric car and a carbon-fibre vehicle shell.
The day will open at at 9.30am with refreshments and an opportunity to network and view the exhibits. At 10am Professor Gavin Walker, the University’s Chair of Sustainable Energy will give a talk and then the building will be open for tours, presentations, and general browsing of the exhibition and demonstration areas.
From biomass boilers to carbon-fibre vehicle exteriors and electric vehicles, this is a unique opportunity to see behind the doors of the University of Nottingham’s award-winning home of Energy Research and meet the businesses at the leading the way in sustainable energy technologies in the East Midlands. This is an unmissable opportunity for anyone interested in finding out how the University of Nottingham and local businesses are leading the way in developing and bringing to market ground-breaking, sustainable energy technologies.
The University is offering the Open Day as part of a wider programme of events for EU Sustainable Energy Week. The full programme of events can be found here.
Whether you are able to attend for a whole morning or afternoon, or just a quick tour on your lunch break, don’t miss this opportunity to see inside this world-class home of Energy research.
Venue: Energy Technologies Building, Jubilee Campus, Triumph Road, Nottingham, NG7 2TUTime: 9.30am – 6.00pm
- 09.30am – Refreshments and Networking
- 10.00am – Opening presentation by Professor Gavin Walker
- 10.30am – Tours of the building
- 12.00pm – Energy YES: What’s in it for you? Presentation by Alex Buckman, University of Sheffield and founder of The Energy Community. Please register for this event separately if you plan to attend.
- 12.30pm –Lunch
- 1.30pm – Open all afternoon for browsing exhibition and technology demonstrations in the Prototyping Hall
- 6.00pm – Close, in time for Antarctica: Our Climate Change Barometer presentation in the Sir Colin Campbell Building.
If you have any questions about this event please don’t hesitate to contact us.