Enterprise Adviser Network
What is the D2N2 Enterprise Adviser Network?
The Enterprise Adviser Network (EAN) is designed to build stronger links between schools and employers in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire in order to help young people better realise their career potential. It does this by introducing local employers (known as Enterprise Advisers or EAs) into schools to help shape the careers advice students are given.
That advice can be based on both the experience of the Enterprise Adviser and Labour Market Intelligence which indicates a substantial skills gap in our region between the skills employers need and those school leavers possess.
The Enterprise Adviser Network is a national programme which is administered in our region by D2N2.
Some of our local employers taking part in the EAN include ACOM, the NHS, Rolls-Royce, Toyota, and Bombardier.
Each EA is supported by one of ten Enterprise Coordinators in our region, who engage with over 130 schools currently part of the EAN.
The work of Enterprise Coordinators, the Enterprise Adviser Network, and projects undertaken to support schools and employers are overseen by the D2N2 People & Skills Advisory Board; which ensures these activities have a positive impact on helping young people with career ambitions.
Our ambition is for every secondary school and college in the D2N2 area, and at least 20% of specialist schools, to have:
- a designated employer linked to their organisation
- an Enterprise, Careers and Employability Strategy
- undertaken a self-assessment, to produce an action plan in response to the Enterprise, Careers and Employability Strategy;
- access to providers delivering enterprise, careers and employability activities who’ve been quality assured against the D2N2 Employability Framework
- access to a range of funding to support their school strategies
To see what the Enterprise Adviser Network can offer you, please view our offer to business leaders and our offer to schools and colleges.
If you are a school, college or employer and want to be involved in the Enterprise Adviser Network, please contact the Enterprise Coordinator for your area listed.
- Berni Dickinson – 07956 426045 – City of Derby (Employer Engagement)
- Jacqui Kinch – 07812 301004 – City of Derby
- Emily Carter – 07387 141584 – North Derbyshire Careers Hub (Derbyshire Dales, High Peak & Chesterfield)
- Julia Matthews – North Nottinghamshire
- Liam Jackson – 07471 034790 – Derbyshire (South Derbyshire, Erewash & Amber Valley)
- Claire Knee – 07918 905912 – City of Nottingham
- Dan Heffernan – 07388 990837 – Careers Hub Lead
- Caroline Tomlinson – 07918 906150 – South Nottinghamshire