Give an Hour
The Give an Hour campaign invites you to make a difference to the young people in your area by giving an hour of your time. We'd particularly like to hear from you if you own or work in an SME.
In an hour you could change the course of a young person’s life just by sharing your story or helping them understand more about the world of work.
It might feel like an hour is too short to have a real impact, but we know from experience than an hour can create new perspectives and inspire new ideas.
And sometimes that’s all that is needed. just to hear someone’s career story or be able to speak to someone who can listen and give advice.
Could you be that person?
Here are some things you can do in an hour:
- Make a difference by sharing your career story to a class or assembly.
- Change a life by running a group session about your industry and the opportunities that exist
- Make a difference by carrying out a mock interview or supporting a CV workshop
- Change a life by showing a young person how your role or business works through an in-class activity.
- Make a difference by playing a role in a business competition