CleanTech Business Network
Thursday 23rd October 5.00 – 8.00pmAntenna Centre, Beck Street, Nottingham, NG1 1EQ
Four local enviro-entrepreneurs discuss the process by which they have researched, developed and commercialised their product ideas. Our speakers cover a wide range of environmental products;
- Sam Pearce a Notts-based design engineer who has reinvented the wheel. Sam secured £60,000 in crowdfunding to launch loopwheels – a revolutionary bike wheel that replace spokes with in-wheel suspension.
- Laura Porcu and Darren Bacon from Lindhurst Innovation Engineers – designers of a modular anaerobic digestion plant that can be used on farms to create energy from agricultural waste.
- John Harvey, Neehoy – developers of a recycling and furniture reuse app which is currently being trialled by 2 NHS trusts.
At this event the speakers will discuss:
- Where their product ideas came from
- How they funded the initial research and development phases
- What support have they been able to access?
- What are the key lessons they have learnt along the way?
- What advice would they give to other entrepreneurs who are embarking on a similar product development journey?
This is a joint event with Next Business Generation and will be followed by a buffet and a networking opportunity. The event is free to attend and is sponsored by Browne Jacobson. Click to register (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/product-development-from-idea-to-market-launch-tickets-13126173739)
For further information about the event contact Neil Horsley (email@example.com)