D2N2s reputation as a thriving tech region has been boosted by the inclusion of 26 of its companies in a shortlist of the best technology-based companies in the Midlands.
The D2N2 based companies join more than 100 companies that have been shortlisted for potential inclusion in the Midlands Tech 50 innovation ranking for 2020.
Included within the 117 short-listed companies are representatives from sectors as diverse as health, manufacturing, and entertainment. The nominees from our region include:
- Adzooma (Nottingham – Advertising)
- AppInstitute (Nottingham – Business Services)
- Bloc Digital (Derby – Business Services)
- Boditrax (Nottingham – Health)
- Clearmark Solutions (Nottingham – Business Services)
- Commify (Nottingham – Business Services)
- Deep Branch Biotech (Nottingham – Other)
- E-days (Nottingham – Other)
- Ensek (Nottingham – Energy)
- Fendix (Newark – Health)
- GeoSLAM (Nottingham – Other)
- HALO X-ray Technologies (Nottingham – Manufacturing)
- Ideagen (Nottingham – Business Services)
- Imosphere (Nottingham – Health)
- Intelligent OMICS (Nottingham – Health)
- Intoware (Nottingham – Manufacturing)
- Lockwood Publishing (Nottingham – Entertainment)
- Oakbrook (Nottingham – Finance)
- Oncimmune Holdings (Nottingham – Health)
- OpenWrks (Nottingham – Finance)
- Peppermint Technology (Nottingham – Legal)
- RDB Global (Derby – Business Services)
- RightInDem (Nottingham – Business Services)
- SurePulse (Nottingham – Health)
- Tebex (Nottingham – Commerce)
- UNiDAYS (Nottingham – Advertising)
With the majority of D2N2 nominations residing in Nottingham, the longlist shows off the city’s strength as a thriving tech centre.
Also amongst the nominees, RDS Global has recently received financial support from the ERDF-funded Growth Through Innovation Programme run by the University of Derby whilst Ideagen, through the Enterprise Adviser Network, have helped shape careers education at a local high school for girls interested in a tech-based career.
Alongside a panel of independent judges, votes from the business community will determine the 50 firms based in the region which are creating the most innovative new tech for consumers, business and society at large.
Last year’s rankings were topped by Tamworth firm Enlighten due to its impressive augmented reality solutions which are used in mental health, education, the armed forces, and business.
Voting is now open and will run for seven days, ending at 23:59 on Sunday 13 September.
The final 50 rankings will be published on 30th September.
To vote, visit the Business Cloud website.
Keep up to date with all the latest news from D2N2 by signing up to our Newsletter.