A National Training Provider has recently become the only independent training provider to achieve Ofsted Grade 1 Outstanding in all areas on a first inspection.
3aaa, Founded by Peter Marples and Di McEvoy-Robinson in 2008, places a huge emphasis on employing high-quality, industry-experienced staff, delivering Outstanding Apprenticeship Programmes that are developed with a focus on providing industry led skills and experience.
The team of 8 inspectors judged all measures of success as Outstanding; Effectiveness of Leadership and Management, Outcomes for Learners, Quality of Teaching Learning and Assessment and Overall Effectiveness; in their report published today. In addition Grade 1 was awarded for all subject areas.
With its Head office based in Derby and a local training centre in all major cities or towns throughout England, 3aaa is a success story that is changing the lives of young people on a daily basis. 3aaa provide Apprenticeships in professional services including Accountancy, IT, Social Media, Business Administration, Financial Services and Technical Sales.
Peter Marples, Founder, comments “We are absolutely delighted to have achieved Grade 1 – Outstanding, the highest possible across all areas of the business, in our first Ofsted Inspection. This is indeed a reflection of the sheer dedication, hard work and commitment of everyone; staff, employers and partners – we are so proud”
Di McEvoy-Robinson, Founder, added “We are so thrilled with the grading and hugely positive report. This will help inspire us all to continue to deliver our ‘Outstanding’ programmes and change more and more young people’s lives for the better. We have worked exceptionally hard to understand the needs of employers at a local level and fit those needs, so to be recognised by Ofsted for this is such an achievement”.
The ‘Outstanding’ grading is unique in that 3aaa are the first to achieve Grade 1 across the board as a National Provider, covering multi sectors. Only 2% of all other providers have achieved an Outstanding Grade in total, 3aaa being the first to do so in a first inspection.
Key findings from the report:
- Leaders and managers are fully committed to their ambitious vision to be the best provider.
- The proportion of Apprentices who succeed within the planned period is extremely high and well above the national rate.
- All staff offer extremely high levels of personal, pastoral and professional support to Apprentices and employers.
- Staff are particularly knowledgeable and teach innovatively and effectively so that Apprentices learn rapidly and make excellent progress.
- Employers have exceedingly high expectations of each other and of Apprentices. This is manifested in their diligence and enthusiasm to do well and improve continuously.
- Employers have very high expectations of their Apprentices, often giving them vital roles in their companies.
- A highly motivational environment, culture and ethos which nurtures and develops Apprentices’ aspirations, ambitions and confidence.
- Most Apprentices occupy key roles and become pivotal to their business very quickly. For example an IT Apprentice, who started his apprenticeship in September 2014, assists with the development and maintenance of the IT infrastructure for a professional football club. That Apprentice is Jurij Fletcher who is 17 and is working for Derby County Football Club. He commented
“My whole experience with 3aaa has been positive, they took the time to really get to know me and now I have a fantastic employer in Derby County Football Club. It’s an amazing opportunity where I’m learning new skills every day and I’m earning a wage – I can’t thank 3aaa enough”.
Stewart Segal, Chief Executive Officer, Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP) said “We are delighted that AELP members Aspire Achieve Advance have achieved Grade 1’s from Ofsted across the board. This is a fantastic achievement given the fact that 3aaa has responded to the need to grow their programme so quickly and meet the demand from employers and learners. It is not easy for any provider delivering work based learning to meet the exacting standards Ofsted apply and there have not been many Grade 1s under the new framework. This makes it an even more outstanding result”
Karl Shaw, Director of Silver Birch Creative said “3aaa have a different approach to other training providers; they were fully committed to finding us an Apprentice that would perfectly fit the needs of our business and supported us every step of the way. They sat down with us and made an effort to understand the nature of our business, making it their mission to find us the right Apprentice. We’ve now welcomed Jake to the family, and are all very eager to see where this novel addition of skills and understanding will take us”
If you would like to read the Ofsted report in full please visit www.3aaa.co.uk/outstanding