A special supplement detailing the successes of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership in its first five years is now available to read online.
Powering up business: Five years of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership is a 24 page publication, marking D2N2’s fifth anniversary (the Local Enterprise Partnership was established in late 2010). It originally appeared in print on Wednesday (November 11), in both the Nottingham Post and Derby Telegraph and is now available to read on the D2N2 website by clicking HERE.
The supplement details how:
- More than 1,000 companies have been assisted by the D2N2 Growth Hub – a free and impartial business support and advice service – since its December 2014 launch.
- Hundreds of jobs have already been created through D2N2 bridging loans and grants, for companies and developments in need of a kick-start.
- Millions of pounds have been invested in strategic transport, key sectors, facilities and digital broadband schemes. For example, the £6.5m D2N2 Local Growth Fund grant towards the £30m BioCity Nottingham extension currently being built.
- Efforts have been made to improve skills and training delivery locally, including programmes to bring employers and providers closer together in creating skills needed for local workforces. For example, the £3.4m D2N2 has awarded towards a higher level skills centre to open in Chesterfield next September (2016).
- Housing and regeneration are being promoted by measures including the £850,000 D2N2 awarded to the £100m Castleward Derby project and the LEP’s involvement in the Rebalancing the Outer Estates project, covering the Nottingham North area.
The supplement also gives an update on the progress towards a Devolution deal for the D2N2 area of Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Notinghamshire; which the LEP, business figures and local authority partners have been negotiating on for months. An agreed deal, which will see the area given greater control over powers to drive its economy, is expected to be announced shortly.
The D2N2 supplement – Powering up business: Five years of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership – is now available online on the D2N2 Website.
A further double page spread was also featured in the following week’s Johnston Press Newspapers. Click below to view it.
D2N2 Double Page Spread – as featured in Johnston Press Newspapers