Health and wellbeing in business will be the focus of a major conference held by the D2N2 Growth Hub.
Held during Mental Health Awareness Week (May 14-20, 2018), the ‘Building Resilience and Wellbeing for Growth’ conference will take place at the Riverside Centre, in Derby City Centre (DE24 8HY) on Wednesday, May 16. It is free to attend for business leaders in the area and is being held by the D2N2 Growth Hub.
The D2N2 Growth Hub is a free and impartial business support and advice service. It works across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire as part of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP). D2N2 LEP is a partnership of businesses, local authorities, skills and training providers and community and voluntary sector organisations. It works to grow its areas economy, with the aim of creating 55,000 new jobs in ten years (2013-2023).
As part of this aim, D2N2 has an allocation of £250million European Structural and Investment Funds. Split into three categories, these aid Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire people, businesses and the rural community. The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), designed to help businesses, is part-funding the upcoming D2N2 Growth Hub conference.
The conference will look at all aspects of business wellbeing including HR support, enabling leaders to drive a ‘wellbeing culture’ for business growth and improving employee satisfaction and retention.
Workshop topics and speakers will include:
- Wellbeing – The Rolls-Royce journey to date
- David Roomes, Group Director – Health, Safety, Sustainability & Environment and Chief Medical Officer at Rolls Royce
- What do we mean by wellbeing?
- Professor Gareth Hughes – Lecturer, Psychotherapist and Research Lead – Student Wellbeing – University of Derby
- Tools in mindfulness and yoga for Employee Engagement and Retention
- Anna Kelynack-Boddy, Founder and Owner of Yogic Frog and Certified Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher
- Managing a change environment whilst looking after your employees’ wellbeing
- Paul Shepherd, owner Gritstone
- Creating physical ‘time-out’ for employees
- Athalie Redwood- Brown, Senior Lecturer – Nottingham Trent University and Founder and Owner – Crossfit Deviant
All the guest speakers have a passion for organisational and personal wellbeing and bring along their wealth of knowledge and experience from the private and public sectors, the academic arena and the wellbeing industry.
Chris Pook, D2N2 Growth Hub Manager said:
“There is still a lot of taboo around discussing personal wellbeing and a recent survey suggests that many employers lack systems to recognise and address mental health at work.
“We want to bring these discussions out into the open and share some of the tools that can help managers and business leaders build a resilient workforce to improve personal and organisational wellbeing.”
This is a free event so businesses will need to book early to guarantee a place. Only small and medium-sized enterprises based in D2N2 (Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire) are eligible to take part.
For full details and booking please visit the website.
For More Information on the above release, please contact:
Marketing and Events Executive D2N2 Growth Hub
Tel: 0333 320 0333 ext 2082 or 07746 638061