Business experts from Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire have united for a joint event to help small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) access support, grow, and thrive.
D2N2 Growth Hub and Sheffield City Region Growth Hub are working together to stage the event which takes place from 8am to 2.30pm on Thursday 8 March, at the Proact Stadium in Chesterfield. It is specifically aimed at Small and medium-sized enterprises based in Derbyshire Dales, Chesterfield, North East Derbyshire, Bolsover or Bassetlaw.
Part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, the free event will offer businesses an insight into the support available to help them achieve success. Growth Hubs can advise on a wide variety of opportunities, including support from the region’s Universities to develop new products and improve productivity, coaching and mentoring schemes to assist with scaling up, funding and investment streams for business growth, assistance to reach new markets and customers in the UK and overseas and recruitment, retention and skills programmes.
Chris Pook, D2N2 Growth Hub Manager, said: “There’s a double hit of support for businesses in our overlap area and this conference is an opportunity to come and hear first-hand about what’s on offer and to highlight the benefits that businesses receive from the close partnership working we have with Sheffield City Region Growth Hub.”
David Grimes, Head of the Sheffield City Region Growth Hub, said: “Our Growth Hub works collaboratively with regional and national support programmes, as well as local authorities and private sector businesses, to ensure consistent access to specialist, high-quality advice.
“This event is an ideal opportunity for businesses to meet us, find out more about what we do, and take that first step towards getting the best possible support to grow their business.”
Delegates will also hear from one of the National Cyber Security Centre’s (NCSC) on the current threats to businesses and how they can protect systems, staff and customers from cyber crime.
A spokesperson from the NCSC said: “Cyber security can feel daunting for a small business, so we’re tailoring guidance, like our Small Business Guide, to help them thrive online.
“Protecting against malware, backing up data and avoiding phishing attacks should be as second nature to a small firm as cashing up or locking the doors at night.
“Whether you own a bakery, a building firm or you sell products online, our advice will help all business owners avoid threats that can cost time, money and reputation.”
Other features from the conference will include:
- A choice of workshops that address today’s business challenges including skills, scaling up, reaching new markets and improving competitiveness
- A real example from Mike Lloyd, Director at CEM Solutions on how working across both Growth Hubs can benefit your business, and
- Opportunities to meet with Growth Hub advisers, make new connections with other local businesses and enjoy a networking lunch.
Workshop speakers will include:
- Richard Kirkland of D2N2 LEP on Employment and Skills for Growth, covering how to recruit the right staff and developing employees’ skills for improved productivity and growth.
- Darren Buxton of Sheffield City Region Growth Hub and Lynn Oxborrow of Nottingham Trent University on scaling-up your business and help available to achieve full potential.
- Sharon McCarthy of the Department for International Trade on Exporting for Growth and how a team of local experts is available to help with those first crucial steps into overseas markets.
- Antony Davies, Innovation expert at Marmotte Consulting and board member of Sheffield City Region Innovation Centre of Expertise, along with Angela Tooley, Head of Enscite, University of Derby, on Growth through Innovation and how local universities can help firms improve productivity to drive innovation, growth and competitiveness.
This is a free event so businesses are urged to book early to be guaranteed a place. Only small and medium-sized enterprises based in Derbyshire Dales, Chesterfield, North East Derbyshire, Bolsover or Bassetlaw are eligible to take part.
For full details and booking please visit the website.
For More Information on the above release, please contact:
Marketing and Events Executive D2N2 Growth Hub
Tel: 0333 320 0333 ext 2082 or 07746 638061