Elizabeth Fagan, Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Boots (pictured), has been appointed Chair of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership.
She succeeds Peter Richardson OBE, who has been Chair of D2N2 since 2012.
D2N2 is the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) for Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. It works with businesses, local authorities, skills and training providers and community and voluntary sector organisations, to grow the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire economy.
Under Peter’s watch, the D2N2 LEP has already exceeded its original target of creating 55,000 new jobs in ten years – from 2013 to 2023 – and is now working on a new Strategic Economic Plan and Local Industrial Strategy for the cities, towns and rural areas in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Elizabeth said: “I am very pleased to be joining as the Chair of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership at this important time in its development. This area is home to world-class businesses and knowledge bases, has a hard-working talent pool, a vibrant cultural offering and is a beautiful place to live, work and visit.”
“I believe that the power of D2N2 lies in the intersection between public and private companies and I hope that some of my experience will help make a positive difference. I look forward to working with business and local partners to create and deliver a new strategy for high value economic growth that benefits all our communities.”
Paying tribute to the work of her predecessor, Elizabeth said: “I thank Peter for the work that he has done as Chair of the LEP. He has been at the heart of D2N2’s successes to date and I wish him every success in future roles.”
Since 2012, Peter has overseen:
- The creation of D2N2’s original Strategic Economic Plan, in which the target of creating 55,000 new jobs and the means to create them, were devised
- Extensive lobbying for the planned High Speed Rail Line (HS2) to come through the D2N2 area, resulting in an ‘East Midlands Hub’, at Toton, Nottinghamshire, and a maintenance depot at Staveley, Derbyshire
- Support for the growth of the Nottingham and Derby Enterprise Zone, from the opening of Medicity, part of the Boots Enterprise Zone site in November 2013, right through to the continued development of each of the Nottingham and Derby Enterprise Zone sites today
- The signing of the D2N2 Growth Deal with Government, which secured £174m in Local Growth Funding for projects in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire to improve infrastructure and create jobs and which has since been increased to £250m.
- Launch of the D2N2 Growth Hub – a free and impartial support and advice service for businesses across the D2N2 area, which has helped over 6,000 businesses to date.
Peter also led each of D2N2’s five previous annual conferences and AGMs. The D2N2 Annual Conference on July 24 will be his last with the LEP. The formal handover to Elizabeth will take place at the conference.
Peter said: “During my time as D2N2’s Chairman, I’ve seen a lot of change locally, regionally and nationally. The D2N2 area, the East Midlands and the UK as a whole are all very different places from when I first took the role.
“Elizabeth will face a completely different set of challenges from those I faced as I helped bring together and lead a team of people who are helping the D2N2 area be the best that it possibly can be, meeting adversity with solutions and ensuring that the region makes the most of every opportunity.
“I stick true to my belief that, now more than ever, the D2N2 area is the UK’s most inspirational postcode.
“I wish Elizabeth all the very best as she takes over the reins at D2N2. I am confident she is the right person for the job and has the best possible team to support her.”
For more information on the D2N2 LEP, visit www.d2n2lep.org
To book a place on the upcoming D2N2 Annual Conference, visit https://d2n2agm2018.eventbrite.co.uk
For More Information on the above release, please contact:
Find us on: