D2N2, in collaboration with partners, has launched the Investor Development Service, aimed at encouraging foreign-owned businesses to increase their footprint within the region and access additional support.
D2N2 is working with the Department of International Trade (DIT) and local authority partners to build relationships with foreign-owned businesses based in the region to provide tailored help and advice to support business growth, job creation or, bespoke services to help offset challenges.
Businesses already based in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire with a minimum of 10% foreign ownership are eligible and part of the new service will include key account management which can provide expertise on a variety of subjects including:
- Help with finding suitable property or sites
- Co-ordinating relevant planning advice and regulatory processes with local Councils
- Accessing sector specialists and academic partners to support R&D and innovation
- Supporting skills and training needs
- Brokering access to finance and legal advice
- Providing relevant market intelligence to support decision making
- Creating a channel to local and national Government
The support offered will also be bespoke, giving an individual approach to each business.
To deliver the service, D2N2 is working with OCO Global, a leading boutique consultancy that specialises in supporting Foreign Companies in international markets.
Through the D2N2 Investor Development Service, OCO Global will be available to assess a business’s investment needs and provide a business health-check as well as providing a conduit to localised Government Support.
Businesses interested in learning more about the D2N2 Investor Development service can contact D2N2 Head of Business & Innovation, Frank Horsley.