MPs representing the East Midlands have thrown their support behind a joint bid by the LLEP and D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnerships for an East Midlands Freeport in a new video.
Freeports are one of central government’s flagship policies in the wake of the UK’s exit from the EU, and aim to boost the economy by increasing trade and investment. If successful, the bid would generate 60,000 jobs and play a key role in the levelling-up of the region, with the economic, environmental and employment benefits shared far beyond the freeport site.
The MPs are:
- Alicia Kearns, Rutland and Melton
- Sarah Dines, Derbyshire Dales
- Heather Wheeler, South Derbyshire
- Darren Henry, Broxtowe
- Brendan Clarke-Smith, Bassetlaw
- Lee Anderson, Ashfield
- Lilian Greenwood, Nottingham South
- Ben Bradley, Mansfield
- Tom Randall, Gedling
- Ruth Edwards, Rushcliffe
- Mark Fletcher, Bolsover
- Lee Rowley, North East Derbyshire
- Luke Evans, Bosworth
- Andrew Bridgen, North West Leicestershire
- Jane Hunt, Loughborough.