An open call has been made to firms to take advantage of the Employer Ownership Fund: Engineering Skills Grants for Employers.
The two Government grant schemes are aimed at companies that employ engineers and the closing date is December 5, 2014.
One is a £10m pot for projects that help people into or to progress through the engineering profession and the other pot, of the same value, is an exciting opportunity to develop training that will specifically assist the career progression of women engineers.
They can provide a 50% Government contribution for the following:
- Training programmes to bring people with STEM skills into engineering
- Re-skilling programmes to keep engineers in the profession
- Raising skill levels through the workforce from operator through to technician and towards professional status – including getting more employees to registered technician
For female employees and career returners, there is also the opportunity to include:
- Returner training to enable women to return to engineering after a career break or work outside the engineering profession
- Pre-apprenticeship programmes to help women into apprenticeships
- Mentoring and support to help them progress their career
- Tailored training to meet specific personal and career needs
- Management and leadership skills
For more information contact and employer ownership team, email email@example.com