We are delighted to invite you, friends and family to the “Get Better with Nature” Day of Action on Thursday 23rd October 2014.
Please find the full event details below.
Date/ Time: Thursday 23 October, 9.30am-12.30pm
Location: Serpentine Walk, opposite the Pavilion Gardens, Buxton, Derbyshire
The site within Serpentine Walk is a short walk from Buxton Station. There are two entrances; St John’s Road and Burlington Road.
Parking: There is a public car park within Pavilion Gardens, opposite the Burlington Road entrance to Serpentine Walk.
Site facilities: There will be a small gazebo and public toilets are located on site.
Catering and refreshments: Coffee, tea, water and light snacks will be available for volunteers taking part in the morning’s activities. Please note: Lunch will not be provided.
What to wear and what to bring:
Tools and work gloves will be provided on the day. If participants have their own gardening gloves, they can bring and use their own.
Participants should be prepared for inclement weather and muddy working conditions. We would recommend wearing old warm clothes, with an additional waterproof layer in case it rains. Footwear should have good treads and be waterproof; wellies are appropriate.
- 9.30-09.45: Event Begins – Introductory remarks made from campaign organisers
- 9.45 -12.00: Actives take place – Including:
- Habitat Enhancement – aimed at preparing the site for the growth of wetland meadows
- Habitat Creation –volunteers will be able to sow specialist seed mix to foster wetland meadow growth nearest to the riverbank, with grassland meadow also planted nearby to create a complementary ecosystem;
- Wildlife observation and natural art creation –participants will have the opportunity to undertake a number of interactive activities such as wading into the park stream or dip from the edge to look for and identify the numerous water-based creatures living there, or contributing to a large-scale natural art project using organic material found on site.
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact: Thomas Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org – 020 7936 0544.