The COP26 Regional Roadshow East Midlands will take place on 11 November 2021.
The conference will be hosted by Nottinghamshire’s 5G Partnership from the new Digital Innovation Centre in the Worksop Turbine building; powered by energy generated by the wind turbine at the centre. Talks will be taking place all day, you just drop into the sessions you are interested in – and there will be great networking opportunities throughout the day.
In November, the UK hosts COP26 in Glasgow, bringing world leaders together to tackle climate change. To build momentum for this pivotal event, the search is on for #OneStepGreener Climate Leaders – the community groups, individuals, businesses and others who’ve found meaningful ways to take positive environmental action.
The conference will showcase the partnerships, achievements, opportunities and potential across the East Midlands in driving forward UK net zero and climate ambitions at scale.
Beginning with a high quality and internationally relevant achievements in Digital Innovation and Green Development, the event will include keynote speakers and panel discussion from high profile partners across the region, addressing key themes, challenges and successes for the climate agenda.
The full day’s programme will provide opportunities for a wide range of businesses, community organisations and UK public sector to connect and collaborate. The day will explore a wide range of important climate topics for the East Midlands including:
- Climate, innovation and investment – welcome from Nottinghamshire County Council
- UK Green Growth Action Plan – Midlands Engine
- Regional partnerships for place and social value – Environment Agency
- Future of delivering development and infrastructure at scale – East Midlands Development Corporation
Showcasing digital and green development, partnership working and future investments
- Colliery regeneration, housing retrofit, low carbon energy and travel
- Technology demonstrations, 5G testbeds, smart places, smart working
- Mitigation and adaptation, valuing natural capital, social value and placemaking
- Freeports, zero carbon approaches, biodiversity net gain
Live panel debates
- Net zero development design and practice
- Green finance
- Future of climate and infrastructure – ambition and action