Information on how organisations could access £36.5million in European funding for projects to promote business and economic growth will be given at events run by the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership.
D2N2 – which promotes economic growth, jobs creation, skills and training in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire – is running the events for organisations keen to bid for funding through the European Structural Investment Funds (ESIF).
The £36.5m for the D2N2 area includes:
- £10m for projects supporting ‘Low Carbon’ technologies and initiatives – deadline for project submissions is Wednesday May 20;
- £14m for projects supporting ‘Innovation’ – deadline for submissions is Wednesday May 27;
- £12.5m for projects supporting ‘SME (small and medium-sized enterprises) Competitiveness’ – deadline for submissions is Friday May 29.
In addition there is currently a national call for projects relating to ‘Technical Assistance’, to access funding, for the D2N2 area.
To assist organisations wishing to bid for the funding – which is part of a total ESIF package of £214m, to be spent in the D2N2 area between now and 2020, to tackle a range of issues – D2N2 officers are holding a series of information surgeries.
These surgeries will be held on:
- Tuesday April 28, from 1pm to 4.30pm – At the Mansfield District Council Civic Centre in Chesterfield Road South, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire (NG19 7BH).
- Tuesday May 5, from 1pm to 4.30pm – At University of Derby Corporate’s Enterprise Centre in Bridge Street, Derby, (DE1 3LD).
- Wednesday May 6, from 9am to 12.30pm – At the New Art Exchange, 39-41 Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham (NG7 6BE).
- Friday May 8, from 1pm to 4.30pm – At the East Midlands Chamber Commerce Centre in Canal Wharf, Chesterfield (S41 7NA).
Each event will include an introduction by a representative of the Department for Communities and Local Government on the technical requirements of making bids for the ESIF programme, an overview of the kinds of projects D2N2 expects to be looking at from its area and workshops, giving organisations the opportunity to network and discuss bids.
Only 25 spaces will be available at each surgery, so organisations will be limited to sending one representative each. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis
To book online to attend a surgery go to Event web page – Helping Organisations Access £36.5m in European Funding or email the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership on: firstname.lastname@example.org
A full agenda for the surgery chosen will be sent to attendees shortly after receipt of their booking application.
Any questions relating to the D2N2 ESIF programme can be addressed to D2N2 officers at email: email@example.com