A £7.2million programme to help companies widen their digital reach and impact – part funded through the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership – will hold a series of free information events for businesses in February and March (2017).
The D2N2 Digital Growth Programme is due to help around 850 small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) across the D2N2 LEP area – of Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire – to make better use of digital connectivity to expand their businesses, over a three-year period.
Half the project’s funding, £3.6m, will come from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) portion of D2N2’s larger €250million allocation of European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF); EU funding to be spent over six years (up to 2020) on projects to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) be more competitive and expand.
Matched funding of £3.6m will come from partners Nottinghamshire County, Nottingham City, Derbyshire County, Derby City and Rushcliffe Borough Council; Nottingham’s Creative Quarter Company and East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire); and through businesses participating in the grant element of the Programme.
A series of free information events will be held next month (February) and in March, across the D2N2 LEP area (of Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire), to engage businesses in the D2N2 Digital Business Growth programme.
All events will run from 8am to 11am on the following dates:
- Thursday February 9 – At the Park Inn by Radisson Nottingham, Mansfield Road, Nottingham (NG5 2BT).
- Wednesday February 15 – At Holme Pierrepont Country Park, Adbolton Lane, Holme Pierrepont, Nottingham (NG12 2LU).
- Friday February 17 – At the Jurys Inn Derby Hotel, King Street, Derby (DE1 3DB).
- Monday February 20 – At East Lodge Country House Hotel, Rowsley (DE4 2EF).
- Tuesday February 21 – At the Best Western Plus Hotel, North Road, Retford (DN22 7XG).
- Wednesday March 1 – At Belper Town Football Club, Bridge Street, Belper (DE56 1BA).
- Friday March 3 – At the Mercure Hotel Burton-on-Trent, Newton Park, Burton-on-Trent (DE15 0SS).
- Monday March 6 – At Newark Showground, Lincoln Rd, Newark-on-Trent (NG24 2NY).
- Thursday March 16 – At the Forever Green Restaurant, Southwell Road West, Rainworth (NG21 0HJ).
- Thursday March 23 – At the Proact Stadium, Sheffield Road, Chesterfield (S41 8NZ).
To book to attend any one of the free events go to Eventbrite web link www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/d2n2-digital-growth-programme-12668213064
Delegates attending the events will discover how they can benefit from the Programme, secure a place on future action-planning workshops and register an interest in applying for technology grant-funding. It’s advised that those attending bring a laptop, tablet or smart phone on the day.
Activities planned for the D2N2 Digital Growth Programme during its three years, to help businesses, include:
- A small grant scheme supporting businesses in exploiting existing technology solutions, or to introduce new systems and software to assist with the implementation of new digital resources, to improve business performance and productivity.
- Raising companies’ awareness of new digital technology products and services which could help them be more competitive.
- Free workshops and seminars showcasing how new and emerging technologies are transforming business operations; through focusing on big data, digital marketing, e-commerce and cloud computing.
- Free strategic action-planning workshops giving practical help on website development, e-marketing, systems integration and other matters.
- An annual Digital Conference to include high profile keynote speakers and demonstration events where visitors can try out technology.
- A one-to-one digital skills and advice service for companies putting new ideas into action. This will include onsite expert support for businesses implementing their development plan.
D2N2 is the private sector-led partnership of business, local authorities, skills and training providers, community and voluntary services, and others which promotes economic and jobs’ growth across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Peter Richardson, Chair of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership, said: “Through this significant investment in the D2N2 Digital Growth Programme, the D2N2 LEP and its partners will aim to address businesses’ needs.”
For more information on the Programme’s Nottinghamshire events contact East Midlands Chamber Events and Engagement Officer Paris Pratley-Gomez on 0115 957 8757 (ext. 3018) or email: Paris.Pratley-Gomez@emc-dnl.co.uk
For more information on the Programme’s Derbyshire events contact East Midlands Chamber Events and Engagement Officer Rubina Blackwell on 0333 320 0333 (ext. 2115) or email: Rubina.Blackwell@emc-dnl.co.uk.
For More Information on the above release, please contact:
D2N2 Communications Manager
D2N2 Social Media and Marketing Officer
Find us on: