The European Social Fund Community Grants programme gives small, voluntary and community organisations with a turnover of less than £750,000 an opportunity to access funds to deliver projects that help engage and progress ‘hard to reach’ individuals towards the labour market.
Grants of between £5,000 and £20,000 are available for projects or initiatives in D2N2 that help people take steps towards a future career and reduce unemployment and inactivity. Eligible projects are likely to include:
- initial help with basic skills
- taster work experience including voluntary work
- training, advice and counselling
- confidence building
- job search assistance and other help necessary to secure employment
- first contact engagement activities
Applications opened on Monday 3 May and will close on Friday 4 June. Projects delivery must take place between August 2021 and January 2022.