Through Innovate UK’s Innovate Local programme, we collaborate with local stakeholders to create an event that aligns with regional innovation strengths and priorities while engaging local businesses that may not have access to the support we offer before. This year, we align with the strengths and priorities of D2N2 – Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire – the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution and traditional heartland of advanced manufacturing excellence.
Innovate Local East Midlands: The Future is Now
The event programme is created by Innovate UK and delivered with KTN in partnership with D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership, D2N2 Growth Hub and the area’s three Universities – Derby, Nottingham and Nottingham Trent, to focus on the region’s ambitions in relation to leading the most ambitious carbon turnaround in the country and driving higher productivity and connectivity through embracing digital technology.
Engaging with SMEs across our manufacturing and service sectors, the programme will focus (although not exclusively) on strengths and opportunities in:
- Next Generation Transport
- Life Science and Bio-Med
- Future Food Processing
- Energy & Low Carbon
The Future is not science fiction. The green and digital revolution go hand in hand and is happening now, so join us and be part of it.
What can I expect?
- Find out about the local economic priorities and the growth opportunities for businesses developing new ideas across D2N2.
- Hear from and meet with national and local support agencies. They can help you form collaborative partnerships, undertake Research and Development, access funding and finance, and develop skills and talent for your business.
- Hear from local businesses about their innovation journeys and network with potential partners and clients to fast track your new ideas and innovate.
- Agencies and practitioners from across the ecosystem will have the opportunity to network with each other and engage with businesses seeking support.