In response to the staggering results of the Careers After Covid report, Launch Your Career is setting off the Careers Activation Programme.
Starting with Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire, Launch Your Career is investing in activating young people’s careers across the UK over the next 12 months. The programme presents young people with the opportunities and interactions required to build and nurture their skills through meaningful employer, FE and HE encounters.
Call for local businesses to get involved
By joining the programme, businesses will be leading partnerships with talent providers in the area to help nurture future talent and make sure young people have the right skills, training and experience to succeed.
Launch Your Career allows businesses to introduce themselves to young people and inspire them with mini-interviews, Q&As, virtual open weeks and live vacancy listings.
Why join the Careers Activation Programme?
- Increase the diversity of the future workforce
- Address the skills gap
- Promote a better understanding of careers in different sectors
- Showcase apprenticeship options
- Be socially responsible and promote social mobility
- Influence the talent pipeline
- Develop employees through volunteering
- Challenge misconceptions