The leaders of the UK’s top pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer, one of the UK’s largest further education colleges and of a sports tech innovator will be guest speakers at the 2017 D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership Annual Conference and AGM.
The free business event will be held from 8.30am to 11am on Wednesday July 26 (2017) at The 3aaa Pavilion at Derbyshire County Cricket Ground, off Nottingham Rd, Derby (DE21 6DA).
Around 160 delegates drawn from companies of all sizes, politics, education providers, community organisations and others working in the D2N2 area and nationally are expected to attend.
D2N2 is the private-sector led partnership of business, local authorities, skills and training providers, community groups and social enterprises, and other organisations which promotes economic growth and jobs creation across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
To book online to secure a place at the Conference go to the D2N2 Events’ web page at www.d2n2lep.org/Events or alternatively contact Sean Kirby, D2N2 LEP Communications Manager, on email email@example.com or 0115 957 8749.
Guest speakers at this year’s event are:
- Elizabeth Fagan, Senior Vice-President and Managing Director of Boots (pictured above) – Elizabeth was appointed to her current role in June 2016. As Managing Director of Boots (part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc) she leads all of the Boots’ businesses, both across the UK and the Republic of Ireland, with the support of Boots’ senior leaders. In the UK Boots has more than 2,500 UK stores and 60,000 colleagues. Its support office is based in Nottingham. Elizabeth’s previous roles within Boots include MD of International Retail and Marketing Director. Before joining Boots in 2006 Elizabeth held various top positions within DSG International plc (formerly Dixons Retail plc). Prior to moving into retail Elizabeth was a Chemistry teacher and holds a Biochemistry degree.
- John van de Laarschot, Chief Executive of Nottingham College – John took up his role in August 2016 as CEO of both Central College Nottingham and New College Nottingham, ahead of their planned merger this summer (2017). The merged Nottingham College will be one of the largest further education colleges in the UK, with around 40,000 students. Its facilities would include a planned Nottingham City Hub, an FE centre in Nottingham City which will be part-funded by the D2N2 LEP (subject to business plan). Before joining Nottingham College John held senior public sector positions – including as Chief Executive of Stoke-on-Trent City Council and of Torridge District Council, North Devon – and Managing Director roles with major companies including drinks firm Pepsico, and graphics and display industry specialist Spandex.
- Dean Jackson, Founder and Managing Director of Huub Design – A passionate triathlete, Dean established specialist triathlon clothing and equipment manufacturer Huub Design in Derby, in 2011. Huub has become one of the best known brands for those looking to smash records in the combined swimming, running and cycling marathon events; worn by top athletes including triathlon Olympic medal winning brothers, Alistair and Jonathan Brownlee. Before setting-up Huub, Dean worked in the marketing departments of sportswear and equipment brands blueseventy, American Bicycle Group and Asics UK.
Delegates at the 2017 Annual Conference and AGM will also hear from D2N2 Chairman Peter Richardson and Chief Executive David Ralph on the Local Enterprise Partnership’s successes over the last year; and how it is delivering on its targets, including on increasing jobs numbers and aiding small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to grow.
The Agenda for the 2017 Annual Conference will be as follows:
- 8.30am – Arrival and registration, light breakfast and networking
- 9am – Welcome by David Ralph, Chief Executive of the D2N2 LEP
- 9.05am – ‘D2N2 Annual Review’ – A short film
- 9.10am – D2N2: A year of delivery – Presentation by Peter Richardson, Chairman of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership
- 9.30am – Guest speaker: Elizabeth Fagan – Senior Vice-President and MD of Boots
- 9.50am – Guest speaker: John van de Laarschot, CEO of Nottingham College
- 10.10am – Guest speaker: Dean Jackson, Founder and Managing Director of Huub Design of Derby
- 10.30am – Closing remarks and thanks, with D2N2 Chief Executive David Ralph
- 10.40am – Conference close. Opportunity for delegates to network.
Peter Richardson, Chairman of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership, said: “I look forward to welcoming delegates to our 2017 Conference, to hear about a year in which D2N2 has delivered on targets and planned for the future.
“We’ve seen the opening of the completed £30million BioCity Nottingham extension, and of the new University of Derby Chesterfield campus and the £7.5m Seymour Link Road in north Derbyshire; and all part-funded and promoted by D2N2. Our programmes to overcome people’s employment difficulties, to aid social enterprises and tackle social exclusion are now well underway and having an impact.
“The D2N2 Growth Hub has expanded its services for businesses, and has now helped more than 4,000 SMEs across the LEP’s area. We are determined that the economic benefits we create for our area are shared by all communities.”
To book online to attend the 2017 Annual Conference (a maximum of two people per organisation, please) go to the D2N2 LEP Events’ web page at www.d2n2lep.org/Events or alternatively contact Sean Kirby, D2N2 LEP Communications Manager, on email firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 957 8749.
For further information about this media release contact D2N2 Communications Manager Sean Kirby on 0115 957 8749 or email: email@example.com