Leading business figures in engineering, life sciences, manufacturing, corporate law and other areas will be among the guest speakers at a series of upcoming free ‘Business Breakfast 2015’ events, to be held by the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership.
The six events – running from mid-October to the end of November – will be a chance for business people and others in the area to learn more about the D2N2 LEP’s current and future projects. D2N2 is a partnership of business, local authorities, skills and training providers, and community organisations promoting economic growth and jobs creation across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
This year’s Business Breakfast events series follows D2N2’s successful Annual Conference and AGM in July (2015), held at Chesterfield FC’s Proact Stadium, which was attended by 150 people representing a range of business sectors.
David Ralph, D2N2 Chief Executive, will be updating businesses on the Local Enterprise Partnership’s activities at the 2015 Business Breakfasts.
All events will run from 7.30am to approximately 9.30am. There will be three each held in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, on:
- Thursday October 15 – At the New Art Exchange, 39-41 Gregory Boulevard, Hyson Green, Nottingham (NG7 6BE).
Guest speaker – Andrew Pickin, Commercial Partner at Shoosmiths LLP legal firm of Nottingham (and new D2N2 LEP Board Member for Business Engagement).
- Wednesday October 21 – At the University of Derby Enterprise Centre, Enterprise Centre, Bridge Street, Derby (DE1 3LD).
Guest speaker – Professor Richard Hall, Director of the University of Derby’s Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering (IISE).
- Thursday October 29 – At Kelham Hall, Main Rd, Kelham, Newark (NG23 5QX).
Guest speaker – To be confirmed.
- Wednesday November 4 – At the Agricultural Business Centre, Agricultural Way, Bakewell (DE45 1AH).
Guest speaker – Richard Smith, Group Managing Director for packaging firm Charapak of Alfreton.
- Tuesday November 10 – At Retford Town Hall, 17 The Square, Retford (DN22 6DE).
Guest speaker – To be confirmed.
- Wednesday November 18 – At the Leengate Legends Lounge at Chesterfield FC’s Proact Stadium, 1866 Sheffield Road, Chesterfield (S41 8NZ).
Guest speaker – Melanie Ulyatt, Founder and Managing Director of One-to-One Support Services in Chesterfield (and new D2N2 Board Member for Skills).
To book online to attend any of these free events go to www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/d2n2-business-breakfast-series-2015-tickets-18649928438
In addition to guest speakers each Business Breakfast event will feature an update from D2N2 Chief Executive David Ralph, or Chairman Peter Richardson. Senior officers will also give information on current and future D2N2 projects and services, including:
- Growth Hub – A free advice service for new and recently established businesses, which has dealt with over 500 enquiries since it was established at the beginning of 2015.
- Skills – Investment in Skills has seen the launch of special projects including the ‘Provider Charter’; to actively create closer links between employers, and skills and training providers.
- European Structural Investment Funds (ESIF) – D2N2 has been allocated £214million to spend in its area over six years; to finance projects addressing business, education, employment, low carbon technology, social exclusion, business entrepreneurship and competitiveness, and many other issues.
- Business financing – Grants and loans to help businesses take forward their own expansion plans or to kick-start stalled development projects, to create jobs.
- Capital Investment – Building infrastructure and creating jobs. Recent announcements include D2N2’s £6.5million investment in BioCity Nottingham’s £30m extension, currently under construction.
The free events will also give delegates the opportunity to get a copy of D2N2’s 2014/15 Annual Review (published in July), view its recent Annual Conference video and network. A light breakfast will be served at the start of the events.
David Ralph, Chief Executive of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership, said: “It’s important that D2N2 keeps businesses in its area updated and actively involved in our activities, and show the many opportunities these represent to give them practical support and advice.
“I’m very much looking forward to meeting business people from across the D2N2 area at our 2015 Business Breakfast events and hearing their views.”
For more information about the work of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership see its website at www.d2n2lep.org/Home
Media wanting further information about this media release should contact D2N2 Communications Officer Sean Kirby on 0115 9578749 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org