One of the UK’s most senior economic figures and an expert in looking at business’s future challenges will be guest speakers at the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership Annual Conference.
The free business breakfast event will be held from 7.30am to 10am on Tuesday July 14; at The Leengate Legends Lounge of the Chesterfield FC Proact Stadium, at 1866 Sheffield Road, Chesterfield.
D2N2 – a partnership of business, local authorities, and skills and training providers which promotes economic growth across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire – holds an Annual Conference each year.
Guest speaker and futurologist Christopher Barnatt
Representatives from businesses, local authorities, education providers, community organisations and others working in the D2N2 area are welcome to attend the free event. They will hear about the Local Enterprise Partnership’s work over the last year and its ambitions for the future.
The agenda for the Annual Conference will be as follows:
7.30am to 8am – Registration and light breakfast provided.
8am to 9.15am –
- Welcome and presentation by D2N2 Chairman Peter Richardson.
- Presentation by Chief Executive David Ralph.
- Short video on the work of D2N2 over the last year.
- Guest speaker – Trevor Williams, Chief Economist for Lloyds Bank Commercial Banking, Visiting Professor at the University of Derby’s Business School and co-author (with Victoria Turton) of Trading Economics. Trevor will look at where UK growth is coming from in the next few years and its main challenges, in the context of the new Government’s first Budget (due July 8).
- Guest speaker – Christopher Barnatt, Futurist and author of website ExplainingTheFuture.com, Associate Professor of Strategy and Future Studies at Nottingham University Business School, and the author of Seven Ways To Fix The World and 25 Things You Need To Know About The Future.
9.15am to 10am – Business Panel. A panel featuring D2N2 Board members and guest speakers will answer business questions live from the audience. Hosted by Neil White, Editor-in-Chief at the Derby Telegraph.
10am – A chance for networking and close of the event.
Peter Richardson, Chairman of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership, said: “The Local Enterprise Partnership has had a terrific year.
“Highlights have included the launch of the Growth Hub last December, with its team now a vital resource to aid businesses, and the announcement in March this year of £214m in European funding for projects improving skills provision, entrepreneurship, business competitiveness and a wealth of other drivers of economic growth.
“We look forward to welcoming delegates to our Annual Conference, to hear how we’ve moved from planning to delivery and about our ambitious plans for the future.”
To book online to attend the Annual Conference (a maximum of two people per organisation, please) go to the D2N2 LEP website www.d2n2lep.org/About/Events
Or contact D2N2 Business Administrative Officer, Hannah Gamble, via email: email@example.com
For more information about the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership see website www.d2n2lep.org
Media wanting further information about this news release can contact Sean Kirby, Communications Officer, on the D2N2 Newsdesk, on 0115 9578749 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org