What is the Midlands Engine?
D2N2 is proud to be a member of the Midlands Engine.
The Midlands Engine is a coalition of Councils, Combined Authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships such as D2N2, Universities, and businesses across the region, actively working with Government to build a collective identity to enable us to present the Midlands as a competitive and compelling offer that is attractive at home and overseas.
The partnership is about additionality, complementing the work of its partners to generate added value, at scale – right across the Midlands.
Home to over 10 million people and 800,000 large and small businesses, the Midlands has huge potential and the Partnership is focused on its global success – and this, in turn, will deliver an enhanced quality of life for our citizens and communities.
The Midlands Engine Vision for Growth sets out our five priority areas of focus to ensure the Midlands drives the UK economy:
- Connecting the Midlands through maximising new technologies to deliver a radical transformation of the Midlands transport network
- Increasing Innovation and Enterprise, creating an environment where our science and innovation strengths can be maximised
- Tackling the Mismatch between business skills needs and the skill levels of Midlands residents
- And, Shaping Great Places by promoting the Midlands as a great place to live, learn, visit, and work
- Growing International Trade and Investment in existing and new markets