D2N2 is the private sector-led Local Enterprise Partnership of business, local authorities, skills and training providers, and community and voluntary organisations; which promotes economic growth across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
It manages over £500million in resources (via funding from the UK Government and European Union) to invest in its business growth, capital projects, infrastructure, employment promotion, social and community projects, and other services.
Examples of successful projects and programmes D2N2 and its partners have been involved in include:
- co-funding construction of the £30million BioCity Discovery building in Nottingham, promoting hundreds of life sciences jobs;
- half funding a new £6.9m University of Derby Chesterfield campus, aimed at teaching vocational skills, particularly for adult students;
- a £15million investment in a Building Better Opportunities fund (with partner the Big Lottery Fund) to help young people, the long term unemployed and those in poverty across the LEP area with help towards finding work;
- a D2N2 Growth Hub which has to date engaged with and helped over 6,500 Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire businesses, from start-ups to established firms looking to expand.
D2N2’s board includes experienced people from a range of sectors – and new board members from the private sector are now being sought.
Board Members’ role is to:
- use their business knowledge to give strategic advice on boosting the D2N2 LEP area’s economy;
- promote LEP interests when dealing with Government and business contacts;
- help drive forward the LEP’s activities, including those around increasing jobs and business growth;
- contribute to development and delivery of the area’s Local Industrial Strategy;
- champion the work of the D2N2 LEP Board to relevant partners, networks and other business organisations.
Applicants should be excellent communicators, demonstrate real leadership, understand what drives economic prosperity, have a good knowledge of the D2N2 LEP area and its needs, and possess extensive business networks and contacts. They must also be available to serve on the D2N2 LEP board for up to three years, and to attend regular meetings and events; with one to two days per month needed for the role (expenses only are available for this role).
The closing date for business community board member applications is 12noon, on Friday December 21 (2018). Shortlisted applicants will be invited for discussions with current LEP Board members in early January 2019, with an announcement on new board members to be made shortly afterwards.
Elizabeth Fagan, Chair of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership (pictured), said: “Opportunities and challenges will be faced by our area’s economy, in 2019 and beyond.
“We are seeking applications from new private sector board members; who will bring with them fresh thinking, new ideas and who will best reflect the communities we serve across the LEP area.”
Applicant packs, including a job description and required attributes, can be requested from the D2N2 LEP by post (contact and address below) or downloaded from the D2N2 LEP website at link www.d2n2lep.org/vacancies-and-tenders
Applicants should quote the reference ‘D2N2 Board Application’; and include a letter saying how their experience and networks would benefit the D2N2 LEP area, paying particular attention to the ‘Experience and Attributes’ criteria outlined. All applications will be acknowledged.
Completed applications can be returned to the D2N2 LEP via email (preferred), via contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or by post – marked ‘Strictly Private and Confidential’ to:
- Sally Hallam,
- D2N2 LEP, 8 Experian Way NG2 Business Park Nottingham, NG2 1EP.
Initial enquiries can also be made, in confidence, to D2N2 LEP Interim Chief Executive Officer Sajeeda Rose; on email: email@example.com or mobile 07879 350140.
Further information about this media release can be obtained from D2N2 Communications Manager Sean Kirby on 0115 957 8749 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org