Nottingham’s takeover of Parliament today (October 25) will see 45 special events delivered by almost 100 partners – among them the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership.
Nottingham in Parliament Day is an event promoted by the University of Nottingham; and is bringing together business, civic, educational and third sector partners to provide a showcase in the capital of the best that Nottingham and Nottinghamshire has to offer. Partners include big business names such as Boots, Rolls-Royce, E-On, Trentbarton and Capital One; the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University; and Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County Councils.
Today’s activities, taking place both inside the public spaces of the Houses of Parliament and on its grounds outside the iconic building, include:
- Midlands Engine Breakfast – Investigating Nottingham’s part in the economic and transport growth initiative.
- A ‘Dragon’s Den’ type challenge, where new businesses pitch their ideas to a panel of MPs and established companies.
- The University of Nottingham’s Professor Sir Martyn Poliakoff creating real science experiments with Minister for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation Jo Johnson MP.
- A celebration of Nottingham’s status as a UNESCO City of Literature.
- A reception and chat with some of Nottinghamshire’s sporting greats.
- A live University Challenge competition between the University of Nottingham and the House of Commons.
D2N2 has backed the Nottingham in Parliament Day from the beginning and is sponsoring the ‘D2N2 Nottingham in Parliament Day Green Room’, at the One Great George Street venue just down from Parliament, where delegates will be able to relax, have a coffee, and hear from D2N2 officer Tom Goshawk (pictured at the venue) about some of the Local Enterprise Partnership’s recent activities to promote economic growth and jobs creation across its area of Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. D2N2 Chief Executive David Ralph will also be taking part in business-related events during today.
For more information about the Nottingham in Parliament Day see its website at www.nottinghaminparliamentday.uk OR the NIPD Twitter feed at @Nottingham_Day
Further information on the work of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership can be found at website www.d2n2lep.org
Media wishing to know more about the work of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership can contact Sean Kirby, D2N2 Communications Manager, on 0115 957 8749 or email: email@example.com