Some spaces are still available at D2N2’s upcoming free Business Breakfast events, which have attracted leading business figures as speakers.
All tickets were taken for last Wednesday’s (October 15) opening event at Nottingham’s New Art Exchange but a further five free Business Breakfasts will be held this month (October) and in November – with some spaces still available for delegates at those.
D2N2’s annual Business Breakfasts series are a chance for business people and others in the area to learn more about the D2N2 LEP’s current and future projects. D2N2 is a partnership of business, local authorities, skills and training providers, and community organisations promoting economic growth and jobs creation across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
This year’s Business Breakfast events series follows D2N2’s successful Annual Conference and AGM held in July (2015), attended by 150 people representing a range of business sectors.
All upcoming Business Breakfast events will run from 7.30am to approximately 9.30am. They will be held:
- This Wednesday (October 21) – At the University of Derby Enterprise Centre, Enterprise Centre, Bridge Street, Derby (DE1 3LD).
Guest speaker – Professor Richard Hall, Director of the University of Derby’s Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering (IISE).
- Wednesday November 4 – At the Agricultural Business Centre, Agricultural Way, Bakewell (DE45 1AH).
Guest speaker – Richard Smith, Group Managing Director for packaging firm Charapak of Alfreton.
- Tuesday November 10 – At Retford Town Hall, 17 The Square, Retford (DN22 6DE).
Guest speaker – Nicola Burley, Executive Director at the Galleries of Justice in Nottingham.
- Wednesday November 18 – At the Leengate Legends Lounge at Chesterfield FC’s Proact Stadium, 1866 Sheffield Road, Chesterfield (S41 8NZ).
Guest speaker – Melanie Ulyatt, Founder and Managing Director of One-to-One Support Services in Chesterfield (and new D2N2 Board Member for Skills).
- Wednesday November 25 – At Kelham Hall, Main Rd, Kelham, Newark (NG23 5QX).
Joint guest speakers – Wendy Tideswell and Debbie White, co-founders of The Cake Decorating Company in Nottingham.
To book online to attend any of these free events go to www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/d2n2-business-breakfast-series-2015-tickets-18649928438
In addition to guest speakers each Business Breakfast event will feature an update on D2N2’s work and progress from its Chief Executive David Ralph. A senior D2N2 officer will also give information on current and future projects and services, which include:
- D2N2 Growth Hub – A free advice service for new and recently established businesses, which has dealt with over 1,000 businesses’ enquiries since it was established at the beginning of 2015.
- Skills – Investment in Skills has seen the launch of special projects including the ‘Provider Charter’; to actively create closer links between employers, and skills and training providers.
- European Structural Investment Funds (ESIF) – D2N2 has been allocated €250million to spend in its area over six years; to finance projects addressing business, education, employment, low carbon technology, social exclusion, business entrepreneurship and competitiveness, and many other issues.
- Business financing – Grants and loans to help businesses take forward their own expansion plans or to kick-start stalled development projects, to create jobs.
- Capital Investment – Building infrastructure and creating jobs. Recent announcements include D2N2’s £6.5million investment in BioCity Nottingham’s £30m extension, currently under construction.
The free events will also give delegates the opportunity to get a copy of D2N2’s 2014/15 Annual Review (published in July), view its recent Annual Conference video and network. A light breakfast will be served at the start of the events.
David Ralph, Chief Executive of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership, said: “D2N2’s Business Breakfasts series for 2015 got off to a great start, with all tickets for the first event in Nottingham going well in advance.
“It’s important that we keep businesses in our area updated and actively involved in our activities. I’m looking forward to hearing the views of the delegates attending the rest of our Business Breakfasts.”
For more information about the work of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership see its website at www.d2n2lep.org/Home
For further information about this media release contact D2N2 Communications Officer Sean Kirby on 0115 9578749 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org