The second ‘D2N2 Rural Means Business Conference’ of 2017 will be held on Tuesday July 18 in Derbyshire.
The free to attend event is part-funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD); which is part of the € 250million European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) allocation managed by the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership. The private-sector-led Partnership promotes economic and jobs growth across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
July’s Rural Conference – to be held at Belper Town Football Club, Bridge Street, Belper (DE56 1BA) – is the second this year hosted by the D2N2 Growth Hub; part of the D2N2 LEP which provides a range of free and heavily subsidised services to help business start-ups, and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), to flourish. An earlier Rural Conference was held at Nottingham Trent University’s Brackenhurst Campus, in February 2017 (pictured).
The July 18 event will inform businesses and organisations about funding opportunities for businesses; including a £3million Rural Development Programme for England initiative to boost the rural economy in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Organisations with potential projects linked to food processing, tourism infrastructure and business development can apply for funding now. Details are available online at www.gov.uk/government/publications/rdpe-growth-programme
Advice on regional LEADER funding and support available via the D2N2 Growth Hub will also be covered on the day.
The July Rural Conference Agenda is as follows:
- 9am-9.30am: Registration (tea, coffee, biscuits will be available)
- 9.30am-9.40am: Welcome to the Conference – Robert Mayo, Development Director at the Welbeck Estate
- 9.40am-10am: Overview of Rural Policy and EAFRD – Rural Payments Agency
- 10am-10.15am:Presentation on LEADER programmes
- 10.15am-10.30am: The D2N2 Growth Hub – With Growth Hub Manager Chris Pook
- 10.30am-10.45am: Focus on how a local business has benefitted from grant support
- 10.45am-11am: Close – Robert Mayo
- 11am-11.15am: Break and refreshments (tea, coffee, biscuits)
- 11.15am-12.15am:Workshops, networking (‘find out more’ sessions).
To book to attend the D2N2 Rural Means Business Conference on Tuesday July 18 go to the D2N2 LEP website Events page at www.d2n2lep.org/Events
For further information on the D2N2 LEP contact D2N2 Communications Manager Sean Kirby on 0115 957 8749 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org