The second of the 2017 series of free Business Breakfasts by the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership was held this morning (November 2) at the Oakham Suite, in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.
Each year D2N2 LEP – the private sector-led partnership of business, local authorities, higher and further education providers, community and voluntary services, and other organisations which promotes economic and jobs growth across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire – hosts a series of free Business Breakfasts across its area. The events are a chance to update businesses on past successes and consult them on future plans.
Today’s event was held at the Oakham Suite, in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. Today’s Business Breakfast heard from speakers:
- David Ralph, D2N2 Chief Executive, on the LEP’s recent activities and its ambitions to use a proposed HS2 high speed network line through its area to promote economic growth, as well as greater transport connectivity.
- Guest business speaker – Billie-Anne Warriner, Founder and Managing Director of Fosse Cashflow Solutions of Newark, on her business journey and the services provided by her company.
- Rachel Quinn, D2N2 Active Engagement Officer, on the role of the Community and Voluntary Services (CVS) sector in the D2N2 economy and also on the LEP’s consultation to ‘refresh’ its Strategic Economic Plan – the current masterplan by which it pursues wider ambitions such as creating 55,000 jobs by 2023 (the majority to be in the private sector).
Tickets are still available for the four remaining D2N2 Business Breakfasts, to be held across the LEP’s area at different locations in November. These will be on:
- Tuesday November 7 – The Derby Silk Mill, Silk Mill Lane, Derby.
- Guest business speaker – Mary Maguire, joint Managing Director of Astute Financial Recruitment (with offices in Derby and Nottingham).
- Tuesday November 14 – Buxton Pump Rooms, The Crescent, Buxton.
- Guest speakers – James Berresford, Chair of the Buxton Crescent and Thermal Spa Heritage Trust; and University of Derby Vice-Chancellor Professor Kathryn Mitchell.
- Tuesday November 21 – The Best Western Lion Hotel, 112 – 114 Bridge Street, Worksop.
- Guest business speaker – Claire Monk, General Manager and Brewer of Welbeck Abbey Brewery.
- Tuesday November 28 – The Pavilion Room, The Derbyshire Hotel, Carter Lane East, South Normanton.
- Guest business speaker – Isobel Brown, Interim Programme Director for the Midlands Engine.
Tea and coffee, and breakfast rolls, will be provided for delegates at the events.
For online booking to attend the four remaining free D2N2 Business Breakfasts, go to the D2N2 website Events page at www.d2n2lep.org/Events . Alternatively contact D2N2 Social Media and Marketing Officer Sam Burbage on 0115 957 8254 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See more about the events on Twitter at @D2N2LEP and follow the D2N2 Business Breakfasts hashtag #D2N2BB2017
Media wanting more information on the work of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership can contact D2N2 Social Media and Marketing Officer on 0115 957 8254 or email: email@example.com