A TV business guru, the Chief Executive of the UK’s first National Park and the owner of a unique sports fitness centre will be among special guest speakers at the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership’s Business Breakfasts.
The D2N2 LEP will run six free Business Breakfasts in October and November, in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. The annual events are run to update businesses on work to grow jobs and the economy across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire by D2N2; the private sector-led partnership of business, local authorities, higher and further education providers, community and voluntary services, and other organisations.
Each event features a main speaker representing the D2N2 LEP – including Chief Executive David Ralph or Chair Peter Richardson – and senior LEP officers speaking on its activities; including:
- a strategy to lever the best economic advantage from a proposed HS2 line through Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire
- European funding of projects to stimulate business and jobs growth
- skills and employment development
- funding of infrastructure vital to the area’s economic growth
- D2N2 Growth Hub activities to help small and medium-sized enterprises
- work to engage business in environmental activities.
The free Business Breakfasts will also each feature a guest business speaker from the area where they are being held, talking about their experiences and companies, and what help they believe business needs from regional and central bodies to flourish. There will also be a short video shown giving an overview of recent D2N2 activities.
The 2016 D2N2 Business Breakfasts – all of which will run from 8.30am to 10am – will be held on:
- Tuesday October 11 – At the Derby Silk Mill, Silk Mill Lane, Derby (DE1 3AF).
- Guest Business Speaker – Kavita Oberoi OBE (pictured), entrepreneur and businesswoman, owner of Oberoi Consulting and the Oberoi Business Hub in Derby; and a TV business expert who has appeared on Channel 4’s The Secret Millionaire and the BBC’s The Apprentice:You’re Fired.
- A D2N2 speaker will also give an update on the LEP’s funding of major projects to build the area’s economic infrastructure.
- Wednesday October 19 – At the New Art Exchange, 39-41 Gregory Boulevard, Hyson Green, Nottingham (NG7 6BE).
- *Guest main speaker for this event will be Andrew Pritchard, Director of Policy and Infrastructure for East Midlands Councils.
- Guest Business Speaker – Chris Scarth, Commercial Director and co-founder of educational software experts Prime Principle Ltd, a Nottingham Trent University ‘spin out’ company established in 2004. Its data capture and analysis products are used by more than 2,000 schools internationally, to enhance teaching and learning.
- A D2N2 speaker will also give an update on the LEP’s work supporting skills and training development.
- Thursday November 3 – Chesterfield FC Proact Stadium, 1866 Sheffield Rd, Chesterfield, (S41 8NZ).
- Guest Business Speaker – Claire Curzon, founder and Managing Director of the Brighter Directions marketing and PR consultancy; with offices in Chesterfield, London and Birmingham. Claire is a regular commentator in national publications, and highly regarded within the marketing industry internationally.
- A D2N2 speaker will also update delegates on how the LEP is supporting environmental activities by the Lowland Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Local Nature Partnership.
- Thursday November 10 – In The Elements Suite, Ransom Hall, Ransom Wood, Southwell Rd W, Mansfield (NG21 0HJ). *This event is being run jointly with the Mansfield 2020 business group.
- Guest Business Speaker – Malcolm Hall MBE, founder and Managing Director of Hall-Fast Industrial Supplies Ltd of Mansfield. In ten years the company has grown from a home-based enterprise to one stocking 200,000 product lines for industrial and commercial needs; including leading brands of tools, workwear, materials and other industry essentials. It now supplies over 19,500 customers in 92 overseas markets.
- A D2N2 speaker will give an update on how the LEP is using its €250million European Structural and Investment Funds, EU funding, to aid the area economy.
- Wednesday November 16 – Derbyshire County Council, County Hall, Matlock (DE4 3AG).
- Guest Business Speaker – Sarah Fowler, Chief Executive of Peak District National Park Authority; the UK’s first national park, established in 1951 (there are now 15), and a popular natural tourism destination.
- A D2N2 Growth Hub speaker will talk about the Growth Hub’s work in helping small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with getting established, marketing strategy, training needs and accessing growth funding.
- Wednesday November 23 – North Notts College, Carlton Rd, Worksop (S81 7HP).
- Guest Business Speaker – Andy Bishop – cycling time trial and triathlon competitor, and fitness instructor – whose Bike Fit and Cycle Analysis Centre in Worksop, set up in mid-2015, has now used its equipment and expertise to help more than 300 cyclists in their bid to improve their performance.
- A D2N2 speaker will give an update on how the LEP is using its €250million European Structural and Investment Funds to stimulate its area’s economy.
To book online to attend any of the free D2N2 Business Breakfast events, go to the D2N2 LEP website Events page at www.d2n2lep.org/Events . Alternatively contact Sam Burbage, D2N2 Social Media and Marketing Officer, on 0115 9578 254 or on email: email@example.com
Peter Richardson, Chair of the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership, said: “Our annual Business Breakfasts series are a key way for the D2N2 LEP to engage with businesses, of all sizes and sectors; to tell them about our recent activities and get them involved with future projects. Close to 300 delegates booked to attend last year’s six events.
“Again this year, we have some excellent guest business speakers attending our Business Breakfasts, who will have important views on the area’s economic landscape and what it needs. We look forward to welcoming people to our 2016 events.”
For More Information on the above release, please contact:
D2N2 Communications Manager
D2N2 Social Media and Marketing Officer
Find us on: