D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership is searching for a new Strategic Careers Hub Lead to drive the continued and sustainable localised careers provision by working with partners across the D2N2 geographical area to support four Careers Hubs.
Comprising 152 schools and colleges across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, the Hubs shape the quality and uptake of careers provision with the aim of preparing and inspiriting all young people so that can successfully take their ‘next best step’ whether that be further study or employment.
The Strategic Careers Hub Lead will play a crucial role in strengthening the relationship between business and education alongside managing a team of Operational Careers Hub Leads, Enterprise Coordinators and volunteer Enterprise Advisers and provide training and support to Careers Leaders based in each school and college.
Location: Nottingham with flexible working
Closing date: Monday 9 May 2022
Key areas of responsibility
The post holder’s responsibilities will include:
- Leading and driving sustainable system change in careers provision within The Hub by ensuring The Hub is at the centre of local careers provision and policy making decisions
- Leading and driving cross-sector engagement and collaboration to ensure all young people can access high quality careers and enterprise education that aligns with LEP and Local Authority skills priorities, ensuring improved career outcomes for young people.
- Leading and developing a team of delivery professionals and volunteers to enable schools and colleges to work towards and achieve the eight Gatsby Benchmarks of best practice in careers provision.
Skills and experience
Ideally applicants will posses:
- Experience of strategic business planning, together with managing performance and objective setting aligned to organisation goals
- The ability to engage with and influence senior, cross sector stakeholders to drive collaboration and effect change
- A strong background of initiating and managing the successful delivery of projects with impact and evaluation at their core to drive sustainable change
- A strong understanding of the skills and careers education landscape, and the wider economic, political and social drivers of business for engaging with and supporting schools, colleges and young people