D2N2 is one of 38 Local Enterprise Partnerships working across England to support business growth and level up productivity. Our ambition is to improve the productivity of our economy and the standards of living of our residents. Our Board members are drawn from the public, private, education and voluntary sector, and we convene our partners across the region to:
- Help our BUSINESSES access finance, improve productivity and trade globally.
- Enable people and employers access TRAINING to improve SKILLS they need to thrive.
- Inspire YOUNG PEOPLE to make more informed decisions about their future CAREERS.
- Identify opportunities to drive LOW CARBON GROWTH to support the journey to Net Zero.
- Strengthen partnership working between industry and academia on the INNOVATION agenda to help to turn even more of our world class research and development into new product development.
- Maximise our analytical capacity by developing a robust, common evidence base to ensure our ANALYSIS can target our activity and investment where they can have the most impact.
Our work spans strategy, commissioning and direct delivery of projects and programmes that support economic growth.
D2N2 is responsible for delivering the region’s Recovery and Growth Strategy. Our latest strategy sets out three key pillars for growth of low carbon, productivity and connectivity/inclusion.
We also have an Energy Strategy which provides the evidence base for our journey to Net Zero.
In partnership with Government, we co-developed the region’s International Trade Strategy.
All of our strategic work is underpinned by research and analysis, some of which you can find in our Data Centre.
The D2N2 Growth Hub can signpost you to the most appropriate business support through our website and a network of advisors based with partners across the region. The website includes information on business support available from local and national sources including how to access finance, resource efficiency, supply chain development, employing and training your staff, and dates of local business events and seminars.
Skills Bootcamps are free, flexible courses of up to 16 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with a local employer. All Skills Bootcamps will offer a guaranteed interview for a job at the end.
Our Careers Hub brings together schools, colleges, employers, and apprenticeship providers in local areas across England. The goal is to make it easier for schools and colleges to improve how they prepare young people for their next steps.
Our work is led by the D2N2 Board, which is in turn supported by three formal advisory boards. We also have a number of informal groups supporting our work.
Our Board is chaired by Elizabeth Fagan CBE. You can find more about the composition of the Board and see all past papers on our D2N2 Board Page.
Our Advisory Boards also have their own pages:
- Investment Board: advises the main board on all investment decisions.
- Business Growth and Innovation Advisory Board: guides our work on business support, innovation, trade and inward investment.
- People and Skills Advisory Board: guides our work on skills, employability and careers.
Our Low Carbon Growth Group is not formally a governance group, but acts as an expert advisory group to our partnership.
Local Authority partners
- - Amber Valley Borough Council
- - Ashfield District Council
- - Bassetlaw District Council
- - Bolsover District Council
- - Broxtowe Borough Council
- - Chesterfield Borough Council
- - Derby City Council
- - Derbyshire County Council
- - Derbyshire Dales District Council
- - Erewash Borough Council
- - Gedling Borough Council
- - High Peak Borough Council
- - Mansfield District Council
- - Newark & Sherwood District Council
- - North East Derbyshire District Council
- - Nottingham City Council
- - Nottinghamshire County Council
- - Rushcliffe Borough Council
- - South Derbyshire District Council